Pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before receiving your custom spray tan. We will need a note from your physician stating that is okay for you to get spray tanned. Our solutions are formulated from natural ingredients, and there are no toxins absorbed or breathed in during your session.
How do I prepare for a spray tan?
• Shower, exfoliate, and shave 24 hours before your spray tan session for longest-lasting results. Be sure skin is clean and dry prior to session—no lotions, oils, makeup, deodorant, or perfume. DO NOT use a moisturizing soap or body wash (especially Dove or Aveeno) before your spray tan, as they will create a barrier between your skin and the solution. Wear dark, loose clothing, bathing suit, and loose-fitting shoes or flip flops to salon. Avoid white, tight-fitting clothing. Waxing, facials, manicure, and pedicure should be done prior to spray tan session.
How can I make my spray tan last longer?
• Continue to wear dark, loose clothing for at least 8 hours while tan develops. Wait at least 8 hours before showering, exercise, or any activity that causes excessive perspiration. Results generally last 7-9 days based on skin type, moisturizing habits, and darkness of spray tan. Be sure to ask about our maintenance products to give you the best results and pro-long your spray tan!
Will it turn me orange?
• No! In the past, self-tanners gave many individuals an unnatural orange glow and caused streaking. Most of these undesirable results were caused by improper or ineffective application techniques. Applying creams and lotions by hand usually results in excessive amounts being absorbed in the skin which can give an orange glow. Unnatural dark spots may also appear in dry or thick skinned areas such as elbows, knees, and knuckles because these areas have a tendency to absorb more of the cream. Hand held spray-on applicators tend to run and cause streaking. The technology used to apply the spray tan solution assures that all areas of the body receive a uniform coating of the solution in the exact quantity required to produce a golden brown tan. In addition, our solution is derived from sugar instead of carrots, which will result in a tan brown instead of orange.
What should I wear in the spray tanning booth?
• Many people wear a bathing suit. However, if you do wear a bathing suit, underwear, or anything else, please be aware that whatever you wear may be stained. The DHA applied may cause permanent stains on any clothing you may wear. We provide disposable thongs, hairnets, and sticky feet for you should you need any. You can choose to go topless or wear a bra or bikini as well. It’s completely up to you.
How long do I have to wait after a spray tanning session before I can shower?
• We recommend that you wait a minimum of 8 hours after tanning to give the DHA enough time to fully set. If you shower earlier, you may diminish the intensity of the tan. When you do shower the initial tan created by the water-soluble bronzer will wash off, but the DHA will remain and create your long term tan.
Do I need to cover my hair while spray tanning?
• Many clients wear disposable shower caps (provided by us) to keep the solution from getting in their hair. Other clients tan without covering their hair. The solution will not penetrate the hair follicles.
Has anyone had an allergic reaction to the chemicals used in the spray tan solution?
• All of the components of the spray tan solution have been used in cosmetics and food products for decades and have proven to be safe for use on the skin. If you have had previous allergic reactions to self-tanning lotions or cosmetics you may want to do a “patch test” by putting a small amount of the spray tan solution on a small area of the skin to test for possible reactions.
Will the components of the spray tan solution make my skin have an unpleasant smell?
• Some clients have commented that they noticed a “starchy” smell on their skin after tanning, but it is usually not noticeable to others around them.
Are there ways to enhance the spray tan results?
• Yes, applying a water-based moisturizer prior to tanning helps the skin absorb the spray tan solution. Using a moisturizer frequently will help the tan last longer. You should not apply any moisturizers or lotions to the skin after tanning until the DHA has had time to set, usually 4 to 6 hours. Certain types of moisturizers or lotions applied during this period may cause the streaking of the DHA.
Can I go swimming after tanning in the spray tan booth?
• You should not swim or shower for a minimum of 4 hours after spray tanning. Swimming in chlorinated water at any time can bleach the spray tan and possibly cause streaking.
How long after a spray tan session before I can put my clothes back on?
• The spray tan does include a blow-dry session so you should be able to put clothes back on immediately after the session. If you pursue any strenuous physical activity after your spray tan session, perspiration may cause some of the bronzer to transfer to your clothing. Since the bronzer is completely water-soluble it will wash out.
Because of my fair skin I have never been able to tan before. Will the spray tan give me a tan?
• Yes. The spray tan booth was designed specifically for individuals who can’t or don’t want to tan conventionally.
What is the difference between Express and Regular?
• The only difference is shower time. Both solutions have the ability to be as light or as dark as you would like and both last for the same amount of time. With the Express tan you shower with in 1 to 2 hours for a light tan, 3 to 4 hours for a dark tan. With the Original you shower 8 to 10 hours later. It is important to note that after you shower off the Express tan, you will feel lighter due to the fact that the bronzer is rinsing off and your tan has only only developed for 4 hours. The tan will then continue to develop for the next 8 hours after your shower, getting you that bronze glow that we all love. With the Original solution, the tan will darken until you shower (anytime after 10 hours). You will then wash off the bronzer layer and instantly become a shade lighter. The color that you see when you finish showering off the Original tan will be the actual color of your tan.
Can I exercise with my spray tan?
You can work out or engage in anything that will make you sweat AFTER you have showered and initially rinsed off the airbrush tan. If you use the Express solution that will be after 1 to 2 hours and if you go with our Regular solution, that will be after 8 to 10 hours.
1. The entire airbrush tanning session takes approximately 20 minutes.
2. Wear loose, dark clothing. Do not allow your skin to come in contact with any water or product until your tan has fully developed (this will depend on which solution you have applied). This means no make-up, moisturizer, and no activities that will cause you to sweat until after your first shower.
3. When you shower avoid bar soaps, exfoliants and oil-based products. For best results use Shower Glow by Aviva Inspires.
4. After your first shower use a water based moisturizer. For best results use Velvet Soft Moisturizing Creme by Aviva Inspires. Keeping your skin moisturized will mean longer lasting results and more natural, even fading.
5. If you are going away, use the Aviva Travel Set for best results to keep your tan last for your entire vacation.